Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dressing up for me...not the Baby!

Yesterday we went to a beautiful wedding and Yes...Catherine did go and had a blast. It was really great to be able to get dressed up and not worry about what can be yanked, pulled or torn out or off. I actually got to get dressed up, wear the dangle type jewelry, a dress that was low cut but not to low and heels that were pretty and not practical. And makeup...I actually wore lipstick. I never wear that because I am always kissing Allison and she would be covered in it.


Any mommy can understand this I hope! And the best part about all this was, I got to feel pretty and maybe a little sexy, not my normal frumpy jeans and t-shirt wearing self. Both my children looked at me as if I had horns or something coming out of my head and then Catherine simply states..."wow, you look beautiful"


After the wedding, Clint and I actually went out to dinner with friends and no kids. I got to wear a pretty shirt, cute shoes with nice jeans. I got to dress for me again...twice in one day. Wonder never cease!!


But all fairytales must end...today I was back to comfy pants, t-shirt, no makeup and hair in a ponytail. I love my life, husband and kids....but I do love feeling like a pretty girly girl sometimes too!


Till next time....his Queen



2 comments:

  1. The kings comments: Princess Catherine had a wonderful time eating and dancing with the king. The King had a pretty good time too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Word. 2 meaning.
    the Queen told princess Catherine to "quit smacking while she eats."

    Princess Catherine in her infinite 5 year old wisdom says "Don't smack me!"

    Kings thoughts for the day. Be careful what you say to a 5 year old. They sometimes hear it differently than you mean it.

    ReplyDelete