Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mommy...can I get Married?

So, our family has been invited to a wedding this weekend and I am looking forward to getting dressed up, hair, makeup, nice dress, etc... At first, I said both kids were staying home but keep going back and forth about letting Catherine go. It would a good experience for her, but when she is ready to go, she is pretty demanding and outright bossy and loud about it. Last night, I decided to talk to her about it and let her make the decision. Of course, all the while trying to make staying home sound so much better ( I am bad, I know).

I explained to her that everyone gets all dressed up in pretty clothes and that a man and woman stand at the front of the church and they talk about how much they love each other in front of all these people and at the end they kiss. The woman wears a pretty white princess like dress and carries flowers. Shes 5, so I left out some stuff to not confuse her. And then after the wedding, they have a party to celebrate and dance and eat great food.

She sat a for a few minutes and thought about and I told her we would talk more about going when it got closer. After kisses goodnight and I turned the lights out, I hear this sweet voice..."mommy, can I get married?" I was a little shocked, so I ask why. And she replied "Because I want to wear a pretty white princess dress and have a party too!" After composing myself, I ask her who she was going to marry...she said "Daddy!"

I love my baby girl and her infanite wisdom!

Till the next story...His Queen

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I think it is sweet how all little girls want to marry their Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are doing this. We have had a blog for about three years now and it is so fun to look back and laugh. Ours is claireandallie.blogspot.com .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, wrong address.

    www.claireandallie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete